Over the past 12 months, WGH have been working with a number of event and conference organisers in an effort to give more visibility to the great diversity of talent that we have among women working in the gaming and hospitality industries.
We want to see more female representation at these events; not just in attendance, but on stage delivering keynotes, sessions and/or participating on panels. For this reason, we have partnered with Beacon Events to give away four multi-day passes to the Gaming, Racing and Wagering Australia Conference in Sydney, 12-14 August 2019.
This opportunity is valued at over AUD $5000* per person and is aimed at emerging female speakers in an effort to:
- Provide a platform to see other speakers/role models in action,
- Develop networks with other established and emerging speakers,
- Increase female audience participation and;
- Enhance professional development through facilitated reflections.
If you would like to further your skills in public speaking or are close to putting your hand up to speak about your area of expertise but have a few reservations, this opportunity is for you.
In addition to multi-day conference attendance, you will be coached by Josephine Dalton, General Manager People Services – People & Performance from The Star Entertainment Group on day one of the conference (casinos, clubs, pubs and gaming focus) to ensure you receive the most out of this opportunity.
Throughout the day, Josephine, a certified Gallup Strengths Coach, will facilitate discussion between the four emerging speakers to extract and enhance your understanding of what you have learnt from the speakers you have seen. Topics of discussion will include:
- What you’ve learnt,
- What you believe worked well for the different speakers and what you think could have been done differently,
- What style of presentation was used and was it the most appropriate style for their content and;
- How the speakers conveyed their message.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
For more information about why visibility of women at events is important, please download a copy of ‘Gender Balance at Every Forum, Male Champions of Change’.
For any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact us on email@example.com
*This opportunity encompasses the three-day GRWA Conference pass and one-day coaching element. All other expenses are at the responsibility of the recipient.